POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : --( Cellular Automata )-- : Re: --( Cellular Automata )-- Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: --( Cellular Automata )--
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 26 Mar 2003 16:50:57
Message: <3e8220c1@news.povray.org>
These images do look interesting, but an animation
might show better what's happening. Of course
you'd have to introduce interpolation then, like
while tracing 10 frames, only one step of the
system's laws are applied, and dying spheres shrink
till they vanish, etc.
This way, you could maybe even spread the calculation
of new steps across several frames... But that might
be too complicated. After all, such an algorithm would
only make sense if you're after animations, and what
smooth moving from one state to the next...

Anyways, how much did I add? Its nice being thanked
for, but I'm not sure what you actually did with these
macros of mine. I'm just curious...

And what about the parsing times? Must be pretty
high, right? My current project, water-surfaces, is
already pretty slow, and that's only 2D-Arrays...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde